There's a new toy on my desk.!!


Renderman's "Rolling Teapot" Art Challenge

Hello.!!

This is my take on Rolling Teapot art challenge posted by renderman forum.
The challenge here was to use the incredibly beautiful model by Brice Laville and concept by  Tom Robinson and match it with a live-action plate. 

I just shot some pictures of my desk in office and decided to use it as my backplate. I shot some references with some existing toys #McDonald'sHappyMeal #HotelTransylvania 
This helped to understand the light and material behavior.


I generated a HDRI by using a fisheye lens panorama. Though it was not so accurate, it served the purpose. I created some 3d mesh planes and used the screenshots as textures to simulate monitor reflections.





Passes:



Reference: 


 Breakdowns:



Comments