Tuesday, 17 November 2015

Compilation of the projects I was a part of.

*Riders of the berk ( Dreamworks TV series)

Riders of the berk was the first project I ever worked on. I worked on episode 3- episode 9. I worked as a lighting artist, my role was to achieve daily quota of assigned shots along with setting up light rigs for several sequences. I also took part in training new artist who joined to work on this TV show.
We used maya mental ray for lighting, shave and haircut for hair and fur, Foundry nuke for compositing.

*Yummy gummy: Search for santa (DVD)

This is the second project I worked on. In this project my role was to to do the shot lighting and pre composite the passes to help the compositor achieve final results.

*Pourquoi j'ai pas mangé mon père (French Movie)

In this project I worked as the mid level lighting artist. Since I was involved in this project from the beginning of asset creation and look development I was responsible for training new artists to work on Renderman platform. I also took part in setting shading networks, lighting rigs for several sequences and lighting master shots to match color key provided by the client.
This is one of the proud project for me because I got a chance to learn a lot both technically and artistically.
We used maya and Renderman studio for lighting and nuke for compositing.

*Tinker Bell and The Pirate Fairy (DisneyToons Feature film)

I joined this project while it was already in production, so my role in this project was to follow the color keys and master shots to achieve the continuity of the shots through out the sequence. We used maya and Renderman studio for lighting and fusion for compositing.

*New Fiat Linea - Product Features

In this project, I worked as look development artist. My role was to set up shading networks to achieve realistic results. I used Maya mental ray for shading and lighting and nuke for compositing sequences and photoshop for stills.

*Heidi: (TV series)

In this project, my role was to match the color key and master shots to achieve daily quota and yet maintain the consistency throughout the sequence. I was a part of this show from episode 3 to episode 12.
We used maya mental ray for lighting and blender for pre-compositing.

*DON GATO: El Inicio de la Pandilla: (Movie)

This is the project I worked on as a senior lighting artist. My role this project was to set up light rigs for master shots and achieve the final look and feel as instructed by the client.
We used maya and mentalray for lighting and nuke for compositing..

*ANA y Bru No: (Movie)

In this project I worked as look development artist. My role in this movie was to work on different types scenarios to produces believable realistic shading of characters, environments and foliage using Arnold renderer.
We used maya and Arnold renderer for lighting and nuke for compositing.

Monday, 13 July 2015

WIP Images

WIP 01

This is a shot I'm working on for past few days..

My goal here is to match CG objects with live action plate..
Still need to work on surfacing..

Any feedback is most welcome.!! :)

WIP 02

This underwater shot is the one keeping me busy at home these days..
Trying to achieve believable and natural underwater look here....
All the elements created by Maya's native paint effects.
No special plug in or shaders involved.!!
There's a lot to do in this shot....
particles, debris, bubbles and lot of color correction....

The Monkey business, we called it.!! :P :D

Pourquoi j'ai pas mangé mon père (Why I Did (Not) Eat My Father)

This is a French movie I worked on. Probably the most technically challenging project that Prana Studios ever worked on.... Really challenging in terms of looks as well...

I personally love to light foliage, hair and fur... And I'm a big fan of dramatic lighting and god rays...

With this project I got a chance to fulfill most of my desires.. That was a fun project.!!
This was personally very memorable project to me after Dream works Dragons : Riders of the berk.

My role was to light the master shots keeping in mind the colors, hook ups and of course the render efficiency in mind... Most of my light set ups worked out pretty well in most of the sequences.

Here are few examples.!!

LC #46 Fast click

My latest work on one of the lighting challenges... It was really challenging to get the materials right... Thanks to BLAZELET for providi...