Baby's Day Out

Baby's Day Out


This is a shot I was working on for past few weeks. Took inspiration from Brave, tangled etc...
In this I wanted to portray a story of a baby elephant going out for a walk with his mother on a beautiful morning...

I created all the assets in this except elephant rig. I used Maya's paint effects to generate the vegetation, used some quixel scans here and there. Used vRay for look development / lighting for the character and all the environment. I wanted to keep everything simple and straight forward, without using a lot of AOV's and mattes.

The goal here was to achieve a good render with an efficient shading of materials.

Character posing done by Anjali Mishra




This is the painting I took as a starting point to achieve my artwork.





Here is the breakdowns for the shot...






Comments